I decided to use Valentine’s day as an excuse to post all of my favorite ridiculous music videos from old school Bollywood films. Here goes:
1. Ye Dil Na Hota Bechara – From “Jewel Thief” – The guy basically says that he hopes to find his new love sooner or later. I obviously am not so good with the mother tongue.
2. Aasman Ke Neeche – From “Jewel Thief” – A great classic. Something about sitting under the stars? It doesn’t matter what they’re singing about since its damn catchy.
3. O Mere Sona Re – From “Teesri Manzil” – The title means something along the lines of “oh my precious.” Sona literally means gold, but it is often used as a term of endearment. Another super catchy tune.
4. Piya Tu Ab to Aaja – From “Caravaan” – This song is a Helen hit. Helen was India’s most famous dancer in this time period and this is easily one of her most recognizable numbers. Its pretty ridiculous but its also a great song.
5. Jimmy Jimmy Aaja – From “Disco Dancer” – Last there is this ridiculous number. M.I.A. covered this amazing number in her new album, KALA. It means, Jimmy, Jimmy, come here. Unfortunately, Jimmy appears too shy.